Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm so dizzy, my head is spinning.....

Hi Folks,

Well it has been ten days here & ubtil today I was doing well. The professors are very patient & have led us slowly though the very basics of the Spanish grammar and vocabulary. Today was "information overload" day. The concept being taught was singular and plural possessive pronouns. That plus a lot of new vocabulary words (verbs,nouns, & adjectives) became too much for this gray matter. I've got a lot of studying to do overnight and this weekend to get back on track.

I do get a very joyful break in the action this weekend though. My very good friend Veronica O'Connor is marrying a very good man, Eric Kemper on Saturday. I get to fly home and witness their wedding. What a treat.!! It will be a fun weekend in all kinds of ways.

One of the components of this sabbatical that I'm finding especially exciting and stimulating is learning about the expressions of faith in the Central, Carribean, and South American people. For many of them faith is life, family, and Church. It pervades all relationships and extends beyonds all boundaries. Faith can not be something they we keep in a box just for prayer time, or when we need something from God, or when we are trying to impress God or someone else. Faith is life and to be lived everywhere.

I hope this part of my formation rubs off on me more, so that I can live my faith bettter in ten weeks from now. I also pray that I can keep this in perspective in my heart & head as I slowly progress in the Spanish language.

Paz,
Fr. Chuck

1 comment: